Wednesday, November 14, 2007

live from manly cove


G'day!

I am enthusiastically practising my "aussie" - swapping "bathrooms" for "toilets", walking on the left side of the road, and ordering "long blacks" instead of americanos at the coffee shop here in Oz. IT IS INCREDIBLE!!! We have the next couple of days at a lovely little B&B right on the water, across from manly cove. The vibe is like something from a movie - what a delightful little surf town. The agenda? Well, mostly just relaxing, enjoying the married life, and eating well. Oyster Bay wine is so cheap here, Bec!!!

Love to you all...we'll keep you posted

elissa joy watts.

...

As Liss has said, it is incredible here. the weather is so beautiful - and dad, real beaches with real surf! we got up nice and early, went for a jog along the water, and had a lovely breakfast. there is something so wonderful about looking up at the sky and seeing the odd parakeet and cockatoo. beautiful. anyways, Sydney is up next. maybe we'll catch a show at the Opera House, who knows? we'll update again in a couple of days.

Steve.

10 comments:

Ash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ash said...

Okay...well...I decided to trash my first comment because well...it probably wasn't appropriate.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnyways.

I get a prize for first comment(s). Right?

chong said...

wow you married a queen and you got a blog. stevey, your good life just got way better.
i love you both.
there's a few pics on my blog from the wedding and stag...

chong said...

chongkid.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a fantastic day! The joy rings on, albeit, some of it is accompanied by the dishwasher and washing machine.

How wonderful to follow along on some of the highlights of your travel there. We will look forward to the updates.

Thank you SO much for the call on Sunday. That was definitely 'over the top' in the gratitude field, and we all appreciated your thoughtfulness.

I find myself re-playing the walk down the aisle over and over, Liss.

What a joy to put her hand in your arm, Steve.

Know we love you both so much!

JWRC

mum said...

this is the first time I have ever blogged!
Glad to hear things are going well.
Today I sent a wedding pic to all the staff at my school and got back about 30 comments - all wonderful, congratulatory type things.
It really was a wonderful day in every way.
How was the flight?
Love mum

Anonymous said...

Okay, who else suspects that Ash didn't actually write anything inappropriate, but just wrote anything and then deleted it to make it LOOK like he'd written something inappropriate?

I'm actually not too sure of my own theory...

Anyway, didn't get a chance to say a proper goodbye to you guys, hope you have a wonderful honeymoon in Australia and [insert anything inappropriate here] (just kidding) and I'll see you when you come back!

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!!
Wow...this is fun, having a chance to chat!!
We are still basking in the JOY...replaying the tapes in our minds.....it was THEE best!!
Family are all back home...all have checked in with us, to say how much they loved being here with us all.
Lots of memories to savor....and still lots of great days ahead...Yeah!!
love you both.....heaps....
mom

Ash said...

Julie, if you don't know me by now, you will never never never know me. Ooooooo.

Let's just say my comment had something to do with the coffee that Elissa ordered and let's leave it at that.

Anyways, I'll have my camera back soon from it's trek across Canada and then I'll be posting the pics and videos somewhere and I'll let you all know where to find them.

Until then, there are some great pics at staticpixel.com that Wayne took (I'm really just talking about the one with me teaching others how to dance).

Anonymous said...

Ash, notice how I said I wasn't actually too sure of my own theory...